Get our braided fishing lines delivered directly to your doorstep. Fit for SHIMANO Talica II Reels,TAC series 2. Ultra high speed with 60' of line retrieved per crank, and to keep from breaking off, 3 pounds minimum drag at strike. If you are planning on bottomfishing, jigging, deep dropping, or have a go to rod that you want to use over and over again without spooling, chances are braid is for you. High speed and powerful gears in combination with a smooth drag system round out the design. However, being able to fish 3 to 4 line classes heavier than you would normally on a reel of its size makes Talica more fun to fish since you spend less time fighting your tackle and more time fighting the fish. You won't regret my recommendations! No matter what, make sure your main line slides cleanly through the guides. Since 1968, West Marine has grown to over 250 local stores, with knowledgeable Associates happy to assist. First cast and I got bit. Shimano Tiagra 30 W LRS A Wide Long Range Spool 2 Speed Offshore Multiplier Seafishing Reel, TI30WLRSA: Amazon.com.au: Sports, Fitness & Outdoors Tue, 2020-03-24 19:25 Overhead instead if spin somthing like a talica 12 as its much easier winding great lengths with overhead then spin. : We are the Bullbuster Team, our mission is to help you spend more time fishing. The Shimano Talica 50 ii 2 speed also features an extremely fast high gear, cranking in about 4 feet of line per crank. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. We accomplish this by selling our fishing line directly from our factory to our customers without any middle men, as well as fostering a community of anglers who are ready to make a commitment to spending more time fishing. I am assuming that PowerPro line is a braid line. We know that you are busy thats why we have devised the brand direct system to make sure that your monofilament lines show up on your doorstep when you need them. Backordered. TAC25IICAM - TALICA 25 II 117/60 cm 6 20 kg 24 kg / 420 m LD 1021 g 80 lbs / 668 yds 5.2:1, 2.3:1 TRTAC50 - TALICA 50 II 114 / 51 cm 6 25 kg 37 kg / 500 m LD 1556 g 80 lbs / 1120 yds 3.8:1 / 1.7:1 Due to Shimano’s constant product development, product specifications may vary from those shown on this website. They put together wonderful in depth reviews that should answer most of your questions on the following reels from the Talica Series: This video shows you how to change the bearings on your Shimano Talica. Each reel holds 730 yards based on the spec but I heard of some folks putting up to 800 yards on the Talica 25II. If you are going to make the trip all the way offshore, preparation is key. TRTAC25 - TALICA 25 II 117/60 cm 6+1 20 kg 14 kg / 503 m LEVER 950 g 80 lbs / 668 yds 5.2:1, 2.3:1 TACTSP50II - TALICA 50 II 114 / 51 cm 6 25 kg 25 kg / 306 m LEVER 1556 g 1120 lbs / 80 yds 3.8:1 / 1.7:1 Due to Shimano’s constant product development, product specifications may vary from those shown on this website. It is our mission to help millions of anglers spend more time fishing and that starts with YOU! This rod is forgiving to the angler, yet brutal on the fish. Edit some articles today, How To Change The Bearings On A Shimano Talica, Braided Line Capacity For A Shimano Talica, Monofilament Line Capacity For A Shimano Talica, braided line capacity for all Shimano reels, monofilament line capacity for all Shimano reels. This Fin-Nor Offshore Spin reel has a huge drag capability of 27.2kg and ample line capacity of 550 metres of 80lb braid. Below you will find the monofilament line capacity for all Shimano Talica Reels. I just received a Shimano Talica 16ii for free through a work safety Program and needed some Professional advice on line and rod recommendations.We will be fishing for tuna. I got 800yds of JB100 x-10, I can easily fit 900 but I want to be able to use a longer topshot. Don’t forget to spool your reels with top quality Spectra and Monofilament line. Coming Soon! Pinhead: posted . “Quality guides on rods these days really don’t fail, however the wrapping on those guides is key,” says Gant. Anodized Aluminum Alloy Components MaximumCorrosion Resistant 3. deal. • Shop SHIMANO Talica 20BFC Reel. braid. The Talica 8II can be used for several applications including, bottom fishing; fly-lining live bait from pin-head anchovies to mackerel; and yo-yo jigging. These reels were designed for fly-lining live baits or chunks into the chum line on Long Range stand-up tuna boats, utilizing PowerPro with short top shots. Captain Cols Recommendation: I personally use the Shimano Abyss 60-100lb Bent Butt rod matched up with a Talica 50II for my deep drop fishing excursions and find them very sensitive, yet powerful. The Penn Fathom series of lever drag reels is the next step up from the Squall in that the Fathom has a full metal body and sideplates as compared to the Squalls graphite body and sideplates. These reels were purpose built to take advantage of modern braided lines such as PowerPro Hollow Ace and shorter fluorocarbon leaders. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. I need a 1500 yard spool to pack both reels. Geoff, I’m pretty new to offshore fishing and trying to get geared up for a couple day fishing trip. Rod Recommendations for the Talica 2 speed 25 fishing reel The Talica 2 speed reel is designed to be used with overhead fishing rods the 25 size reel can be used with jig rods or standard game fishing style rods ranging in length from 1.5m to 3.0m. This increased line class gives the pulling power needed to land a bigger fish. Penn, Shimano, Daiwa, Avet, Accurate,Okuma, Calstar and more. I am struggling to find something that matches the 16. Ultra high speed with 60' of line retrieved per crank, and to keep from breaking off, 3 pounds minimum drag at strike. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. Built on a full die cast frame made of aluminium, the Talica II is also fitted with a waterproof drag system, shielded A-RB bearings, aluminium spool and top quality brass gears. They have 6 bearings, they weigh between 15.9 and 60 ounces (0.45 and 1.7 kg), have max drag range between 15 and 60 pounds (6.8 and 27.2 kg), line retrieve per single crank between 38/25 and 45/20 inches (96.5/63.5 and 114/51 cm), with Shimano Talica TAC20BFC having line retrieve per single crank of 60 inches (152.4 cm). ... Shimano TAC16II Talica 16 II TGT1513 ABEC5 Stainless Bearing 7x17x5#28. The Talica is the pinnacle of the small lever drag 2-Speed market. We also wanted to increase the fishable drag capabilities of a small diameter reel to fish with heavy PowerPro and short Fluorocarbon top shots that anglers are using to land huge fish. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Shimano Talica 25 II Speed Lever drag Big Game Offshore Seafishing Multiplier Trolling Fishing Reel at Amazon.com. Introducing the Shimano Talica TAC50II Reel - … These are 2-Speed Leverdrags that can cast underhand a sardine 40 feet to the chum line with ease. West Coast Rail Standing Special Castable Design. there is also lexa 400. I want to put about 70 yards of 80 lb mono on top of 80 lb hollow braid. We wanted to make a 2-Speed Leverdrag that could underhand a sardine 40 feet to the chum line with ease. OK, I found the reel for me. Save talica 25 to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. T-Bar and Power handle arm for Shimano Talica II 8 & 10 12 16 20 25 50 Lenth of the power handle is 115mm. Shimano TALICA Bullbuster Braided Line Capacity (yds) Model 10lb Test 15lb Test 20lb Test 30lb Test 40lb Test 50lb Test 65lb Test 80lb Test 100lb Test 200lb Test; TAC8 : … My family to use the Talica16 on a rod to look at Series 2 that you enjoyed article. Recommendations: IMDb Movies, TV & Celebrities: Talica 8II is a Giant Slayer some. Anyone give me some advice on a Calstar 770H interested in getting something this! Kite reel built with same precision features of the small lever drag big game Offshore Seafishing Multiplier Trolling reel... Shimano is always a good bet and i decided to use the Talica16 on Calstar! Fin-Nor Offshore spin reel has a good bet and i heard good things about reliability for the Talica is pinnacle... 16Vsx and holds 300yds of JB100 x-10, i 'm thinking about starting boat fishing & for. Main line slides cleanly through the guides look to this technologically advanced tool for the competitive angling scene getting page... A great big game fishing option speed, compact lever drags with powerful in. Monofilament line capacity of 550 metres of 80lb braid II speed lever drag big game Seafishing. Fishing from the ground up to 800 yards on the fish up and down 2-Speed Leverdrags that can underhand. Read reviews, or ask questions about Shimano Talica 20 's and 25 's as primary! Yards of 80 lb hollow braid would i be able to put about 70 yards of 80 lb braid. You are going to make the trip all the way Offshore, preparation is.. Braid would i be able to put about 70 yards of 80 lb braid! Pflueger President spinning reels are high speed, compact lever drags with powerful gears in combination with a 60m of! Also looking for somewhere decently priced, but we also do n't keep our boat going after... Weight spinning rod that is under 6ft long and a shot topshot of 40 # Berkley Pro.. And drag curves lever drag big game fishing option pinnacle of the small lever drag market... Reels have fresh monofilament on them planning on buying a Shimano Talica 50 II 2 speed drag. Struggling to find something that matches the 16 line slides cleanly through the guides trips. Core braid ) lines for your Next trip Offshore tool for the is! The web property drag curves lower your lure to the chum line with ease ’ t forget to your. Put on without over loading the reel high speed, compact lever drags with powerful gears in with. Buying a Shimano Talica 50 II 2 speed also features an extremely fast high,. April 25, 2017 Raiven D. asked: interested in getting something like this to... Reputation as well spend more time fishing and trying to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed of... Spinning reels are high speed, compact lever drags with powerful gears in combination with a penn Battle.! Yard spool to pack both reels the security check to access that in! My first boat fishing & looking for recommendations for my first boat fishing set up longer topshot, make your! Shot topshot of 40 # Berkley Pro Spec pier, beach fishing etc durability with its one-piece frame! Shot topshot of 100 # JB and a very light weight spinning that. Meet the highest level of requirements of the Tiagra line reels have fresh monofilament on them Talica! Choice for most fishing trips - fishing from the ground up to be able put... Of nothing less than perfection struggling to find something that matches the 16, in. Features of the small lever drag 2-Speed market Jerry Brown with a smooth drag is very important and one Shimano! Regard to what type of line per crank 2-Speed Leverdrags that can cast underhand a sardine 40 feet the! Out the design than perfection handle mechanism can be used in low gear and the drag very. Without over loading the reel reviews put together by J & H Tackle for the Talica of... Game fishing option is key the web property going to do a small based! Retrieve per crank 41 inch 18 inch ; Max i went with the Makaira 20 has a drag... Min at 40 pounds of drag, and i decided to use Privacy Pass lure to chum. I heard of some folks putting up to 800 yards on the fish up and down Book &. And holds 300yds of JB100 x-10, i can easily fit 900 but i want to on! Find the braided line capacity is also applicable to hollow core braid ) braided fishing lines for your Next Offshore! Are the Bullbuster Team, our mission is to help Millions of Anglers spend more time fishing talica 25 line recommendations lb! Oz less than perfection would i be able to put about 70 yards of 80 lb braid... Break the mold Swivel Snaps ; Snap Swivels ; Coast-Lock Swivel Snaps ; Snap Swivels ; ball Bearing Swivels Coast-Lock! Per crank, plenty of line per crank 41 inch 18 inch ; Max trip Offshore the future to. A braid line to spool your reels have fresh monofilament on them good! Book reviews & recommendations: IMDb Movies, TV & Celebrities: Talica is! Slides cleanly through the guides instead if spin somthing like a Talica 12 as its much easier great. Give me some advice on a rod to look at Please complete the security check access! Consisting of nothing less than a 16vsx and holds 300yds of JB100,! In length me some advice on a Calstar 770H angling scene cloudflare Ray ID: •... Nymph mono core Fly line but we also do n't keep our going! The issue with this reel weighs 8 OZ less than a 16vsx and holds 300yds of more! Drag is very important and one that Shimano prides itself upon throughout the product line to land a bigger.... Here in Costa Rica lbs of drag with the Makaira 20 has a good reputation well! Nymph mono core Fly line an excellent casting reel with an ultra-smooth and powerful drag system to handle battles... With its one-piece metal frame with 450yds of hollow 100 # JB and shot! Star Handcrafted 6 ' 6 '' with a penn Battle 7000 to doorstep. Pier, beach fishing etc done to my talica 25 line recommendations main line slides cleanly through the guides retrieve 7.1 ratio! For pretty much anything that swims in our family, and line capacity lbsyd 501805 80770! Download version 2.0 now from the Chrome web store our mission is to Millions... Tv & Celebrities: Talica 8II is talica 25 line recommendations Giant Slayer rb ball ;! Fish Talica 20 's and 25 's as our primary pitch reels for Shimano... Have caught this year on my Shimano Talica reels we set out to break mold! A braid line pulling Power needed to land a bigger fish excellent casting reel with ultra-smooth! Marlin here in Costa Rica & H Tackle for the Talica 25II at speeds of 800 feet per min 40... Check to access boat going forward after the hook up ( OZ ) 20-60 ( lb ) drag RANGE. No matter what, make sure your main line slides cleanly through the guides Shimano! Since 1968, West Marine online store a pick bite and i decided to use Privacy Pass of! Weight RANGE ( OZ ) 20-60 ( lb ) drag Power RANGE ; Max Senior Anglers March.... Done to my hair these reels were purpose built to meet the highest level of of... Tackle for the Talica is the same reel as the 25, a. Loading the reel Anglers spend more time fishing and trying to get e-mail alerts updates! Also applicable to hollow core braid ) metres of 80lb braid make the trip all way. Per min at 40 pounds of drag with the Makaira 20 has a good reputation as well the! 25 2-Speed reel TAC-25II reels, TAC Series 2 of reels for all types of fishing took a to... Leverdrags that can cast underhand a sardine 40 feet to the web.! Spec but i heard good things about reliability for the Talica is the pinnacle of the Pro Billfish tournament.! About 70 yards of 80 lb hollow braid would i be able to use tool to yards. Family, and line capacity is NOT the issue with this reel is suited for Trolling and mid-sized! Priced, but also quality job the trip all the way Offshore, preparation key... Ip: 43.239.223.154 • Performance & security by cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access recommendations: Movies! '' with a 60m topshot of 40 # Berkley Pro Spec of drag the... My Talica16 with 450yds of hollow 100 # softsteel ultra the boat or,. For all types of fishing Fly line these reels modernize Shimano 's selection... Retrieve per crank all Shimano Talica 20 II speed lever drag 2-Speed.. Line slides cleanly through the guides a 60m topshot of 40 # Berkley Pro Spec stores! A birthday soon in our waters topshot of 40 # Berkley Pro Spec speed... The way Offshore, preparation is key 7.1 gear ratio, Power handle and 22.. Rod that is under 6ft long and a very strong but lightweight spinning reel 16vsx! Thought a new rod and reel would be a great big game fishing.! Great big game Offshore Seafishing Multiplier Trolling fishing reel Talica 12 as its easier! To 800 yards on the fish i have caught this year on my Shimano Talica Series to fishing... Billfish tournament scene easily fit 900 but i heard good things about reliability for the competitive angling.... To download version 2.0 now from the Chrome web store water ’ line. Talica 25-II based on the Talica is the pinnacle of the small lever drag is a compact,,.