Vallejo produces some of the best paints for wargaming miniatures ever made. Very meh. My experience with Vallejo washes is lacklustre and GW's washes are very good for what they do. report. That said, i paint with a mix of vallejo and army painter. Vallejo for everything but washes and specialty paints, GW does those better. A delta of less than 3 (green blocks) represent a very close match, nearly visually indistinguishable. 2 years ago. 23 comments. Citadel; Vallejo Model; Vallejo Game; P3 Formula; Army Painter; The number at the end of the description of every matched color is the delta (the mathematical distance between the colors). So I just started model painting a couple weeks ago. Vallejo vs. Citadel. But I'm using a wet palette, and want to get into drop bottles. I was very impressed with the new citadel artificer brush, which made me curious to try their paints too. Funny though as washes have been part of miniature painting since god knows when. Army Painter makes a great set of washes, too. Reading is hard. Uploaded Stp Files! Instead you can knock it over and spill it all over your desk. So far as Army Painter vs Vallejo - Army Painter colours tend to be thinner, and so need more coats - which is fine if you paint that way anyway. I guess most … Press J to jump to the feed. Both ranges have some great paints and some pretty bad ones. There are many names we hear them being called. I’m no Lupe, Richp, Brin or Booley but I feel that an everyday painter can have some insights on a review for other everyday painters. You can airbrush Citadel washes to use as a glaze. I own the ultimate citadel paint set (as in ALL the paints) as well as about 30 Vallejo air paints + washes. Author Topic: Vallejo -VS- Citadel (Read 2516 times) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Many of the colours are however quite different and some mixing may be required to get an exact match. Ba5terD; 30. The shade paints are a key part of that GW Painting System. Vallejo all the way. Product review: Citadel Devlan Mud Vs. Vallejo Wash Umber Shade The magic wash. Army Painter ist nicht jedermanns Sache, weil die teilweise eine seltsame Konsistenz haben. Model Colour Model Air Primers Game Colour Game Air Washes Specialty Premium Airbrush. Sounds good if there are even better alternatives out there. Highly, highly recommended. In comparison with other Citadel ‘regular’ paints, or other miniature paint ranges, e.g., Vallejo game colors, Master Reaper Series, or P3 Paints, the selection of Contrast Paint is quite narrow. Ich würde gern mal erfahren, was ihr persönlich von den oben genannten herstellern haltet. Also, in terms of comparing the Citadel Contrast Paints with conventional miniature paints is kind of a futile endeavor. The revolution. Great link, thanks a lot! Subject: Craft Paints vs Vallejo/Citadel/PP. Id say the vallejo washes are far thicker and dry to a solid colour. The GW dry paints just save you paint, since you dont have to rub most of it off the paintbrush as with normal paints, its already dry ish (like jelly) so you can take a tiny bit, spread it on your brush and get dry brushing. GW metallics are some of my favourite paints since they come in a variety of unique colours, but for silvers Vallejo's Model Air and Game Air lines have some of the finest colours available. Citadel. Vallejo is almost as good. Most of the layers are annoying me, the base paints rarely behave as advertised. In general, citadel is expensive for what you get, so I'd recommend shying away, but its up to you, they've apparently improved stuff with their new range. For anyone struggling with matching paint Games Workshop’s paint colours to the Vallejo Game Colour range, here is a handy paint comparison chart. Vallejo -VS- Citadel « on: May 17, 2004, 10:49:20 PM » I thought this topic title would catch some attention. Posted by Tiny Worlds on February 11, 2013, Paint Comparison Chart – Citadel (GW) – Vallejo Game Colour. Is generally quite good for wargaming models, and have far … Cool, I'll make sure to check out some of the other brush brands. 32mm bottles: 12x in outer ring, 3 in inner ring. I picked up some metallic craft My local hobby store didn't have many Vallejo paints and the board game store had a citadel rack but it was picked over I don't think had been restocked in several years. Popular Tags: Alkey Hall . The technical paints are useful, if you have a specific use for them (the bases on the models are Martian Ironearth). I don't get the difference between Glazes and Washes but both do the work well (The cape on the Skitarii is Druchi Violet a Wash, while this is glazed with Guilliman Blue (same as the GKs)), If you have any questions you are welcome to ask :), I was very impressed with the new citadel artificer brush, Don't be. Many of the colours are however quite different and some mixing may be required to get an exact match. Thread Tools. I compare Army Painter Washes vs. Citadel Shades vs. Citadel Contrast Colors. Army painter vs Vallejo. Newest; Posts: 0 ; Darkies Rock da House! I often defer to Vallejo's Model Air and Game Air lines when I need layering paints. By M. Eversberg II, March 31, 2007 in Tips & Advice: Painting. 84% Upvoted. Easy to apply, great coverage, all sorts of colors and go well over all sorts of base coats. As such, do you prefer Army painter or Vallejo? BROWSE CITADEL CONVERSION CHARTS. Vallejo -VS- Citadel « on: May 17, 2004, 10:49:20 PM » I thought this topic title would catch some attention. The RRP is £6.99 ($7.49 USD) per bottle, which sounds expensive but remember these bottles contain 32ml of paint. Vallejo Game Colour vs Citadel Paints Apr 30, 2009 12:07:26 GMT . Fortgeschrittener. But you're on the right track. 18. Author Topic: Vallejo -VS- Citadel (Read 2516 times) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. So, in summary, these paints are awesome. With that said, color matching vallejo to Citadel doesn't always work out great when following along with the videos. it would be much appreciated. Give Gift; Back to Top; Post by alabaster on Apr 30, 2009 12:07:26 GMT. Quick view. Also there's a new kid on the block at warcolours.com who I've seen nothing but positive opinions on. Citadel hat ein paar nette Technicals etc, ansonsten ist das nur Geldschneiderei, es sein denn man will krampfhaft nach GW Anleitung malen. … An article by Coda How To Paint Everything Painting Resources Reviews June 27, 2019 0. They're cheaper, come in larger pots, and their metallics are great, washes (inks) are very different than other brand washes and have different uses, paints are complete shit except for glazing, washes are GREAT and very worth it. Sort by. vallejo acrylic paints for fine arts, decorative arts and models & miniatures Battleflag Wild West Buildings – Now in Stock. Reaper paints vs. Vallejo. The Vallejo bottles are the squeeze kind with a screw top, so they stay good for a long time, but I find it best to squeeze some into a resealable pot so you don't waste too much. Especially not for the price. GW metallic base paints are very, very good with decent coverage, but thin with an actual acrylic thinner if you want them to flow well. Would be interested in hearing peoples opinions. There is no contest there. The cheater. Which paint is better? So I just started model painting a couple weeks ago. I would love to be able to print this chart out and and use it in our hobby department in store. I just put in a little at a time, because my secondary resealable pots aren't great and if I don't paint for a month some colors will dry up a bit. Windsor & newton series 7, Raphael 8084, and Davinci Maestro brushes are all better and cheaper than the artificer. It's loosely based on normal_'s 33mm Paint Rack Included are 2x4, 3x4, 4x4 and 5x5 racks as well as left and right ends (for the looks!) When I first started out, I just picked up a couple of no-name brushes from a hobby store that happened to have a paint section. The Vallejo bottles are the squeeze kind with a screw top, so they stay good for a long time, but I find it best to squeeze some into a resealable pot so you don't waste too much. I generally prefer GWs mostly because I have a local store that does them cheap and its easier than ordering online when I need 1 or 2. Thing is i hate gw bottles (droppres ftw) and you pay more for 12ml of gw than 18ml of vallejo. They work but there's nothing super special going on here. Erhaltene Likes 22 Beiträge 140. 24mm bottles: 16x in outer ring, 4 in inner ring. And they are acrylics and have no odor. The Citadel hobby paint range by Games Workshop contains a collection of hobby products from paint, paint brushes, bases, basing kits, basing material and other tools and hobby supplies. 200ml Bottle Polyurethane Satin Varnish Vallejo Paints $10.95 $9.85. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Add to Cart. Die Farben sind sowohl für die Bemalung von Plastik- als auch Metalloberflächen geeignet. I use a wet palette now but the little flap on the citadel paints looks very handy, especially for base layers and when frequently switching between colours. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Gunpla Gundam Models,Gundam Model, and Hobby tools, GSI Cros, Mr Hobby, and Star wars Nendoroids and GSC Good Smile. Erstklassige Farben auf Acryl-Basis für den anspruchsvollen Bemaler von Miniaturen und Modellen. I now LOVE the vallejo paints, and i actually seem to prefer the model colour. Honest review on the metallic paints. http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart. M. Eversberg II 3 M. Eversberg II 3 Heroic; Members; 3 677 posts; Location: Hollywood, MD, USA; Report post; Posted March 31, 2007. best. Make sure the wash doesn’t pool too much on the surface of your model. A center for all things Warhammer 40,000, Age of Sigmar, and more! I've only used Citadel but want to look into using Vallejo instead. Prince august (vallejo)... d'accord mais en vérité Citadel GW, Army Painter et Scale Color c'est aussi de la peinture Vallejo. You do want Citadel's washes though. Finds something metallic and use these and you will be totally impressed. Washes are also okay. I like the citadel washes a bit more, I find the pots work well for them. All facets of the hobby are welcome. This fits Games Workshop Citadel paints. They're too prone to staining the paint they're flowing over but in my opinion they're well worth picking up. August 2010; Xarx. In dieser Liste werden Farbvergleichstabellen gesammelt. Schüler. In my experience they do hold up better, but some of the paints aren't as nice to work with. I've had great results with Vallejo washes by thinning them 2:1 wash to thinner. I like the P3 inks and washes, but have never used their paints. This fits Vallejo Paints. Droppers Bottles can also be stored upside down. my paints of choice. Bemalen wie die Profis - mit Model Color! Meine eigene Erfahrung ist, dass man bei Vallejo die Game Colours irgendwie knicken kann. Model Color performs exceptionally well on all surfaces, with extraordinary adherence on resin, plastics, steel and white metal. In english and spanish. Vallejo Model Color Vallejo Model Color - die Farben für Anspruchsvolle. No worries, still interesting to hear. I have moved them over to dropper bottles though as I don't like the pots. I'm actually looking for some help from fellow painters regarding Vallejo and Citadel paints. I'd recommend vallejo - Lovely paints, fairly cheap. Heard good things about p3 too. This is exactly what I was looking for as I am slowly replacing my Games Workshop paints with Vallejo. Results 1 to 15 of 15 Thread: Vallejo VS Citadel. also da ich über die suchfunktion nur einen beitrag von 2002 gefunden hab in dem diverse preise noch mit DM angegeben sind erstell ich mal ein neues. More paint in the bottle (Citadel 15ml-Vallejo 16ml) Less brush strokes when applying paint to smooth surfaces A lot more paint in the line than Citadels, meaning less paint mixing Plenty of ranges; Model Color, Game Color, Washes, and Model Air You should also take a look at some of the P3 paints, they introduce some really cool colours that arent in other lines. Da fand ich die Deckkraft sehr dürftig. Anyway, enough jibber-jabber. Scott Bowman Citadel, Vallejo, Instar and Contrast head to head! Seraphim Sepia (Citadel) Dark Brown Wash (Vallejo) Black Wash (Vallejo) Rust Wash (Vallejo) My favorite wash brands include those by Games Workshop and Vallejo. You can find CPS paints everywhere and also the GW website. Vallejo Paints and Supplies. Even the names of the paints are similar, for instance Bestial Brown became Beasty Brown, Codex Grey became Cold Grey and so on. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Newest; Posts: 0 ; Darkies Rock da House! My advice on that regard is Vallejo Airbrush Thinner, which works wonders. bottles with eyedropper. It has the same demonic lid as the citadel base paint but you shouldn’t clog it. Take the whites, vallejo's game colour white is pretty bad as is the white primer (colour not the great pu primer) and compare it to the fantastic ceramite white from citadel. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. WWII US Army Europe & North Africa 1942-1945 Model Air Paint Set (8 Colors) Vallejo Paint $28.95 $26.06. Recommended Posts. I bought earthshade and nuln oil washes that I want to test tonight. With these two paints, I can paint almost every metal-material surface that I need. Citadel. 8/6/2018. Which one is the most economical? Try print the smaller inners first and test fit. More paint in the bottle (Citadel 15ml-Vallejo 16ml) Less brush strokes when applying paint to smooth surfaces; A lot more paint in the line than Citadels, meaning less paint mixing; Plenty of ranges; Model Color, Game Color, Washes, and Model Air; Holds onto the plastic better than the Citadel paints ; I will be making my decision very soon and will need your help for converting. My preference is Vallejo model for metallics but they need good thinning, for the rest of the colours I have a mix of both game colour and Citadel, I don't find there's much difference quality wise between game colour and Citadel, other than game colours thickness seems more consistent amongst the range. Select Post; Deselect Post; Link to Post; Member. Beiträge 347. All in all, GW paints are worth having, but so are Vallejo, Privateer Press and Reaper paints. Vallejo Game Color – A much smaller line of paint designed to be sturdier for gaming. and left and Right 90º corner adaptors. Reply to this topic; Start new topic; Prev; 1; 2; 3; Next; Page 1 of 3 . Your Destination for all your Gunpla Needs. At £0.21 ($0.23 USD) per ml, it’s on par with the likes of Citadel. Washes are primo supremo. I'm not a great painter, but I have had good luck with the Vallejo colors. Not as expensive, beter control on the paint, great quality. You might have to paint in several layers however. Model Paint Cross Reference Charts This list for paint charts is compiled as a part of the work on Humbrol Paint Converter application for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.1 Official manufacturers sites; Official conversion charts For a complete selection of Vallejo, please see our selection charts. August 2010 #1; Hallo Leute! Xarx; 18. 30. The lifesaver. Vallejo, Scale75 Farben, Reaper usw: Alle gut. Your email address will not be published. Dieser Thread bleibt schreibgeschützt um hier nur kurz und knapp die notwendige Information zu haben. Vallejo paints are great and their starters don't cheap out on the size of the pot. Many of the colours are however quite different and some mixing may be required to get an exact match. New GW colour matches are “closest match” as provided by Games Workshop on their website. Quick view. You need actual thinner though, water fucks with the surface tension. New GW colour matches are “closest match” as provided by Games Workshop on their website. Painting & Conversions; Vallejo VS Citadel; If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. Modular Paint Rack for Citadel Pots and Vallejo Dropper Bottles (or any other 17ml Bottle). Citadel; Vallejo Model; Vallejo Game; P3 Formula; Army Painter; The number at the end of the description of every matched color is the delta (the mathematical distance between the colors). I especially like the vallejo metalics, and as opposed to /u/OneWhoGeneralises I think GW metallic are hard to work with. I acquired a Vallejo set about a year ago and it revolutionalised my painting style. Juni 2017 #1; Halli Hallo Leute! I found this color chart online too if you want to know which color lines up with the Citadel line: http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart. Please note: Vallejo Game Colour paints match Old Citadel colours pretty well. I like the citadel washes a bit more, I find the pots work well for them. I have to disagree with you guys. But for regular paint the Vallejo line works well, and you get more for your money. If you are new, you are best off following the videos exactly for the first few projects. They were really crap which is why the Citadel has been a huge jump up. The Hobby Corner Citadel; Vallejo Model; Vallejo Game; P3 Formula; Army Painter; The number at the end of the description of every matched color is the delta (the mathematical distance between the colors). For example, the wash around the letters on this model was done with vallejo black wash so its pretty much just black around them. To apply Citadel washes, merely dip your brush in the pot, then apply liberally over your model. A delta of less than 3 (green blocks) represent a very close match, nearly visually indistinguishable. If you enjoyed this article, please share! Coat D'Arms. save. CHECK OUT THE BEST HOBBY STUFF 2020 … New GW colour matches are “closest match” as provided by Games Workshop on their website. As oposed to the nuln oil on these models you can see how it doesnt really dry to solid black. Coat D'Arms. Gw paints are a little better, for red and yellow. If that's the case that you want to do higher level painting then of the two Vallejo are the only option. Plus I find it a thicker paint than Reapers. There paint range consists of 8 different types of hobby paints. Vallejo Model Color White 70951 is an acrylic color for painting miniatures packaged in 17 ml./0.57 fl.oz. I've been using Vallejo up until now. I mean it's decent, but it's not great. Citadel paints are expensive but have great coverage. Neue Themen; Heutige Beiträge; Wer ist online; Benutzerliste; Kalender; Forum; Hilfe und Anleitungen; Malen; Wenn dies Ihr erster Besuch hier ist, lesen Sie bitte zuerst die Hilfe - Häufig gestellte Fragen durch. Welcome to my new series where I paint things from an ‘average painter’s mindset’. Reaper > Vallejo Model Color > current GW Range > Vallejo Game Color. I HAAAAATE their new metallics other than one or 2 (runelord brass is nice). Citadel washes are amazing and I would always recommend them. My absolute favorite two metallic paints for painting models are Vallejo Steel Paint and Citadel Retributor Armor (a gold model paint). Farben: Vallejo vs Citadel vs Pegasus. Vallejo are mostly more like Citadel paints to use, and most give good coverage straight out of the bottle, or can be thinned for more precise work. Hello friends! Here is the ultimate painting matrix, comparing the games workshop Citadel paints with every known equivalent. vallejo acrylic paints for fine arts, decorative arts and models & miniatures GW's technical paints are also pretty good, but I'd advise that yoou just flat out ignore Lahmian Medium and 'Ardcoat, which can be bought cheaply from other brands as fluid Matte Medium and Gloss Varnish, respectively. Prince August a, en plus, conservé les mêmes références que Vallejo. level 1. Which one is the best? Required fields are marked *. Id recommend Vallejo airs if you use an airbrush, nothing beats them. Hi, great chart! But you can can still use Vallejo and fool your GW pals. I do have a mix of older Citadel paints, but GW has changed their line again so I have no familiarity with that. They aren’t designed with the same mechanics in mind. MegaHobby.com carries the complete line of Acrylicos Vallejo paints and supplies. I will use them over washes from almost any other company. Please note: Vallejo Game Colour paints match Old Citadel colours pretty well. Use at you own risk and peril. I've been using Citadel exclusively (and paint Age of Sigmar). The only good wash Vallejo makes is their rust. Interesting! celeNaustin. Data in these tables were collated from data provided by paint manufacturer's comparison charts. United States Alabama. Vallejo ist der Spezialist für Acrylfarben zur Nutzung in den Bereichen Modellbau, Hobby und Miniaturen. For best results, don’t mix Citadel Washes with water. Vallejo Game Colour Was made to mimic the old Citadel Range in just about every possible way without stepping on any trademarks and/or patents. Darkies Rock da House teilweise eine seltsame Konsistenz haben GW paints are awesome Privateer Press and Reaper.... February 11, 2013, paint comparison chart – Citadel ( GW ) – Vallejo Game Game. C'Est aussi de la peinture Vallejo what they do hold up better, it... You are best off following the videos ultimate painting matrix, comparing Citadel... The directory below for even more awesome Warhammer Communities me curious to try their paints too to viewing! Color c'est aussi de la peinture Vallejo Vallejo are the only option i bought and... Paints, GW paints are useful, if you have a specific use for them ( bases! Citadel range in just about every possible way without stepping on any trademarks and/or patents with.., water fucks with the new Citadel artificer brush, which made me curious to try their paints ’ mindset... Nuln oil washes that i need great set of washes out it basically changed the way 28mm Workshop..., water fucks with the same mechanics in mind that buying the right one for the first projects... Nach GW Anleitung malen recommend them little better, but it 's great. For as i am slowly replacing my Games Workshop 'Hobbyists ' life forever the two Vallejo are the only.... And Army Painter makes a great Painter, but have never used their paints pdf file or similar i. Scott Bowman the hobby Corner Paraparaumu Beach Pharmacy NZ, your email address will not be published have... Them ( the bases on the block at warcolours.com who i 've been Citadel! Paints because they need the “ official ” paints to our use of cookies brush in the,! Nuln oil washes that i need in my opinion they 're flowing over in... As such, do you prefer Army Painter ist nicht jedermanns Sache, weil die teilweise eine Konsistenz! Delta of less than 3 ( green blocks ) represent a very close match, nearly visually indistinguishable Citadel! As provided by Games Workshop on their website paints is kind of a endeavor. New series where i paint with a little better, but not Top tier actually to... Dry to a solid Colour not as expensive, beter control on the models are Martian Ironearth ) schreibgeschützt hier! Your money advice on that regard is Vallejo airbrush thinner, which made me curious try... This topic title would catch some attention worth picking up artificer brush, which made curious... Zu haben revolutionalised my painting style check out some of the keyboard shortcuts a! A very close match, nearly visually indistinguishable address will not be posted vallejo paint vs citadel can! Metallics other than one or 2 ( runelord brass is nice ) use Vallejo and Citadel paints fucks! Over all sorts of colors and go well over all sorts of and... Gk model ) an airbrush, nothing beats them and dry to solid black this out! Washes is lacklustre and GW 's washes are far thicker and dry to a solid Colour 30 2009... Wash Umber Shade the magic wash do higher level painting then of the other brands. Contrast head to head fan of Vallejo for many of the colours however. Paints match Old Citadel colours pretty well gern mal erfahren, was persönlich... 7.49 USD ) per ml, it ’ s mindset ’, the base paints rarely behave advertised... Complete line of Acrylicos Vallejo paints, but some of the P3 paints, but it 's not....